RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0

<< First  < Previous | Page:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Total Views: 3554 - Total Replies: 35

POSTED BY: jetblaze88 on 05/03/2009 20:47:17

bmw ftw theyre cars are much more reliable and better build imo

POSTED BY: jetblaze88 on 05/03/2009 20:50:21

Bunniebabyy wrote:

Khm3rCandie wrote:

either! why? Because its hard to drive.. when u step on the gas alittle and the car not even go.. so  you have to step on gas alittle harder.. then the car go.. 

i dunno i think some of the cars are new or something.. its hard..

i got experience with cars.. i work for hotel in downtown..
i drove all kinda of cars like Corvette , Hummer, Jaguar lexus

i like the lexus because the car drive smooth..
certian kinda of cars.. its ok

They're not your average consumer cars where you can push down the pedel easily and the car will slowly take off. Luxury cars have different friction points, so its easy to launch than say, a honda.

it really depends on the type of car. you get more traction with a ff drive car like a honda than a rwd car in a benz. but honda also makes the s2000 which is very torquey.

POSTED BY: K_Netix on 05/04/2009 15:02:34

^^

Traction is relative, yes. Generally speaking though, FF cars have the WORST overall traction. Torque is also relative. The S2000 in stock form, however, definitely NOT torquey. High-revving YES, torquey NO. I don't mean to offend you or anything, but you need to get your facts straight.

I'm sure you know what torque feels like when you're slammed into your seat the moment you drop the clutch (that's why the feeling of torque is relative), but the acceleration of a car can also be affected by many factors such as gear ratio and power to weight. Now I've never driven an S2000 so I can't give you any hard evidence of how it drives, but I can tell you from numbers alone that 153 ft/lbs and 162 ft/lbs is NOT a torquey engine.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Netix

POSTED BY: jetblaze88 on 05/05/2009 01:13:16

Celestin wrote:

jetblaze88 wrote:

Bunniebabyy wrote:

Khm3rCandie wrote:

either! why? Because its hard to drive.. when u step on the gas alittle and the car not even go.. so  you have to step on gas alittle harder.. then the car go.. 

i dunno i think some of the cars are new or something.. its hard..

i got experience with cars.. i work for hotel in downtown..
i drove all kinda of cars like Corvette , Hummer, Jaguar lexus

i like the lexus because the car drive smooth..
certian kinda of cars.. its ok

They're not your average consumer cars where you can push down the pedel easily and the car will slowly take off. Luxury cars have different friction points, so its easy to launch than say, a honda.

it really depends on the type of car. you get more traction with a ff drive car like a honda than a rwd car in a benz. but honda also makes the s2000 which is very torquey.

the drivetrain layout comparison is pretty much universal. That depends on the situation.

ff has a few advantages over rwd..the weight over the front presses down on the driven wheels. since all the weight in ff is in the front...its more prone to shift its direction to where the car is heading making it easy to go around in rain or other slippery conditions..

traction has always been an issue with rwd...but nowadays, with all that electronic stability controls...its as good as ff.

true but nothing is better than awd thats y i got a subaru

POSTED BY: K_Netix on 05/05/2009 12:01:42

Now see, the thing with FF layout is that you have two wheels doing all the work of the car. Steering, braking, accelerating, etc. Sometimes all at once. Tires only have a limited amount of traction to them. When conditions are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT your tires are only capable of 100% traction, trying to exceed that is going to cause your tires to slip and therefore you no longer have ANY traction. That means you can only dedicate a certain % of traction to braking, steering, and accelerating to those two wheels alone. So in the event that you need to use either of those three actions to their full potential you most likely will not have any traction left over to perform any of the other two.

Don't believe me? Trying braking as hard as you can (as in pedal to the floor) while turning the wheel fully to the left or the right. Or accelerating hard from a stop while trying to steer the car completely in one direction (my suggestion would be to do it in a large and empty parking lot). While braking and steering did you end up going in the direction you were turning? While accelerating and turning did your car move forward in the direction you wanted? Most likely not. While braking and turning you probably ended up skidding forward with your wheels turned in one direction. While accelerating you probably went nowhere and ended up roasting your tires. This is because you've exceeded the gripping potential of your tires trying to have them do multiple actions at once. Once you've reached 100% there is no 101% after that, there is only 0%.

This isn't as big an issue with RWD cars as they have two wheels to propel the car and two SEPERATE wheels to steer (in most cases). Therefore the two front wheels are either braking, steering, or both and the two rear wheels are accelerating, braking, or both (some cars can also steer with their rear wheels, but the degree of steering isn't as dynamic as the front wheels).

Of course, as stated earlier, FF does have SOME advantages over RWD in terms of traction. Like when you're going downhill. You'll most likely have a level of control in your steering and accelerating over a RWD car.

We can say that AWD is "the best", but that's also not true. Although they have the strengths of both RWD and FWD, they also have their weaknesses.

Mr. Netix

POSTED BY: briian_ on 05/23/2009 12:38:44

give me a Mclarren SLR over a 7series anyday.

//forever lost

POSTED BY: jetblaze88 on 06/27/2009 12:49:22

m3 ftw

POSTED BY: ILiTeiTUP on 06/29/2010 04:04:11

my 2cent goes to bmw... m3s are fukin sexy, no matter wat year they are.

Give ur life a lil spark... so liteitup....
02/19/2018
<< First  < Previous | Page:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

BROWSE  |   GALLERY  |   BLOGS  |   FORUM  |   MUSIC  |   VIDEOS  |   EVENTS  |  
NEWS / ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you have any questions or comments in general.
Please contact me _jeff, QuikJ, Rollo, and staff members oOhAshleyy and Guarddog

Are You Asian