WEBCAM CHAT     INSTANT MESSENGER    
BOOKMARK
 |  INVITE  |  HELP GUIDE   |  LANGUAGE:
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0

Total Views: 1194 - Total Replies: 3

POSTED BY: SJxDolce on 09/06/2008 22:40:36

So I come from a hardcore pious christian family. I used to believe in God so much but now the more my parents push their religion onto me the more I want to get out. Not too long ago I decided I didn't believe in God anymore, or at least I wasn't sure if there was  God, I guess I was really confused, but now I think there is a God, I just don't like the ways of my church. Sorry this is a bit random and I just decided I wanted to get this all out somewhere. My only problem will be when I have to leave my parents and tell them I'm leaving their church in a year. I have no idea how I'm going to do that.

--------------------------------------------------------------
SarahJade

POSTED BY: totorofusion on 09/07/2008 04:02:39

It shows you are thinking... thats a good thing.

We all have doubts at one point or another, and blindly following isn't really a good thing so looking for stuff in your life is better than not seeking anything at all.

You might see a lot of "church activities" and stuff are just a bunch of bull (I'm not talking about services but activities outside of normal Mass or worship service)... many times if you take a step back and look at it, God is missing from the whole picture.

I've seen several churches I've gone to that the "youth group" and activities seemed nothing more than a dating game, its pathetic.  I'm not saying they're all like that, but whats missing is that building of a relationship between you and God, and many times there is no emphasis on that.  Christian teachings are for better living and how to treat one another better and so much more.  If this is missing, you can find a church thats more supportive of such things or at least you feel more comfortable worshipping at (this goes for other denominations as well).

cheese IS power

POSTED BY: SJxDolce on 09/08/2008 20:35:34

See I know what you're talking about, but I just feel like there's no way out, until I leave for college. The thing is I realize there is a God or at least a higher power, but I don't believe in my church, or at least a lot of the things that they do. I still want to attend a church just not the same one as my parents just because I don't believe in their ways, and I feel like a lot of the pain caused in my life were from people of that church.
But I do understand what you're saying about feeling like there's something missing in your life,

GymJunkii32 wrote:

You know..

My mom did the samething to me when I was about 16-17. She pushed me goin to church and what not. Then she stopped forcing me to go to Mass on sundays and other Church activities. But something was missing. I didnt know what it was until I realized I didnt have God in my life.

You sayin you didnt believe in God anymore or you're not sure if there is one...Thats called Doubt. And its okay, were only human. And thats why we go to Church to strengthen our Faith in God.

Im not here to make you feel bad, im just here to let you know that there is a God. Think it over again before you tell your parents what you're about to do. And I remember this guy from my Church sharing and he said something I will never forget...

God will not protect you with everything;
But he will sustain you with anything.

I hope I didnt scare you. haha

Take care.

SarahJade

POSTED BY: SJxDolce on 09/08/2008 20:37:44

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't believe in a lot of the stuff that my church does and that's why I want to leave this one and possibly join another when Im finally out on my own. And yeah I mean my church emphasis all that having a relationship with GOd and stuff but it seems like they're a lot more focused on their traditions and such.

totorofusion wrote:

It shows you are thinking... thats a good thing.

We all have doubts at one point or another, and blindly following isn't really a good thing so looking for stuff in your life is better than not seeking anything at all.

You might see a lot of "church activities" and stuff are just a bunch of bull (I'm not talking about services but activities outside of normal Mass or worship service)... many times if you take a step back and look at it, God is missing from the whole picture.

I've seen several churches I've gone to that the "youth group" and activities seemed nothing more than a dating game, its pathetic.  I'm not saying they're all like that, but whats missing is that building of a relationship between you and God, and many times there is no emphasis on that.  Christian teachings are for better living and how to treat one another better and so much more.  If this is missing, you can find a church thats more supportive of such things or at least you feel more comfortable worshipping at (this goes for other denominations as well).

SarahJade
11/19/2018

BROWSE  |   GALLERY  |   BLOGS  |   FORUM  |   MUSIC  |   VIDEOS  |   EVENTS  |  
NEWS / ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you have any questions or comments in general.
Please contact me _jeff, QuikJ, Rollo, and staff members oOhAshleyy and Guarddog

Are You Asian