WEBCAM CHAT     INSTANT MESSENGER    
BOOKMARK
 |  INVITE  |  HELP GUIDE   |  LANGUAGE:
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0

Total Views: 1658 - Total Replies: 9

POSTED BY: xsimplistikaznx on 02/18/2009 07:26:07

1. first, attaining an education is expensive (especially college) let alone from beginning pre-school and so forth.  this is thanks to the fact that the economy in the U.S dearly sucks right now.  not quite sure for any other countries/continents so i cannot speak for those places although imagine quite similar in price if not far off.
  2. seriously need to lower the price on education, damn it!   oh how if only knowledge were free, the wonders would be endless!!!   my take, well i don't think knowledge should have a price! 
  3. well anyhow, i am paying out of state tuition for college at the moment, but luckily i got scholarships here and there that assist me.  as a result, not too worried about funding for my part.
  4. what's your current education status and how do you pay for it?

--------------------------------------------------------------
2k13 mang

POSTED BY: jaybb on 02/18/2009 17:49:30

Well, I'm currently out of school as I graduated a few years ago, but when I was going to college, I was working full time to pay the bills. It wasn't easy, but I didn't come from a family that had loads of money to throw around so I had to step up and take care of my education expenses. It was either that or take out loans, but I wanted to be debt-free after stepping out of college, lol. Scholarships are a big help, but at the time I had only a little bit of scholarship money awarded towards my tuition so I was paying 10,000-15,000+/year (can't remember at this point, lol).

So long story short, I paid out of pocket with my own money to avoid paying loans back later. I also made good connections b/c of my job during college, so combined with my education background and work experience, I'm doing ok.

I'm forever yours (kaikai)...faithfully

POSTED BY: xsimplistikaznx on 02/19/2009 07:07:19

jaybb wrote:

Well, I'm currently out of school as I graduated a few years ago, but when I was going to college, I was working full time to pay the bills. It wasn't easy, but I didn't come from a family that had loads of money to throw around so I had to step up and take care of my education expenses. It was either that or take out loans, but I wanted to be debt-free after stepping out of college, lol. Scholarships are a big help, but at the time I had only a little bit of scholarship money awarded towards my tuition so I was paying 10,000-15,000+/year (can't remember at this point, lol).

So long story short, I paid out of pocket with my own money to avoid paying loans back later. I also made good connections b/c of my job during college, so combined with my education background and work experience, I'm doing ok.

oh i bet it wasn't even man.  i mean who wants loans, seriously, but they are last resort.  i took out loans myself lol, so that debt sucks sucks!  ahah.  oh yeah now-a-days education sort of counts, but hard because seem like jobs rely more on work experience.  for example, 4.0GPA graduate with no experience would tend to be likely frowned upon a 2.0-3.0GPA graduate with lots of experience.  funny because i thought it was always about grades, i mean don't get me wrong, still are, of course do the best one can, but experience and participation in the real job world counts more!!!  but that's good though, you graduated+working, awesome!!!  can't wait until mine ahah.

2k13 mang

POSTED BY: xsimplistikaznx on 02/20/2009 20:06:29

Mandy wrote:

Omg. Helppp! Starting college in the Fall.

I'm gonna go brokeee trying to pay for it lol.

lol, jump on that FAFSA yet?  no scholarship(s) attached for you mandy?  

2k13 mang

POSTED BY: xsimplistikaznx on 02/20/2009 22:12:01

Mandy wrote:

xsimplistikaznx wrote:

lol, jump on that FAFSA yet?  no scholarship(s) attached for you mandy?  

I need my mom's income tax info to apply...She's been out of state for a whole month, so I can't do it yet...blahhhh!!

yea ahah, you got time, well at least before may/june ahah

2k13 mang

POSTED BY: xsimplistikaznx on 03/12/2009 02:24:56

TheFuryOfMikeHawk wrote:

In my case it was hard because my dad was schizo about what he would and wouldn't pay.  I would have been fine with whatever he decided to chip in (while I didn't want debt either I would have been ok with student loans).  The problem was he changed his mind from month to month, week to week... which left me scrimping a lot at times trying to pay tuition.

wow, that sucks, always changing mind on things.  at least you are sorta independent in terms of paying for tuition...yeah

2k13 mang

POSTED BY: jaybb on 03/12/2009 18:01:09

Looking back now, I have no idea how I even got through school, let alone graduated, lol.

POSTED BY: xsimplistikaznx on 03/12/2009 22:09:20

MyNameIsCrazy wrote:

I've always tried to pay my schooling on my own because I don't want my parents to have more financial burden than they already do. It's usually work money or money saved up. But if I ever come up short, they have my back. Which was once or twice a semester.

I'm so poor

i agree, but that how it is as a student. well for most (excluding wealthy students) that is.  consider school an investment haah, there are reward(s) in the end 

TheFuryOfMikeHawk wrote:

xsimplistikaznx wrote:

TheFuryOfMikeHawk wrote:

In my case it was hard because my dad was schizo about what he would and wouldn't pay.  I would have been fine with whatever he decided to chip in (while I didn't want debt either I would have been ok with student loans).  The problem was he changed his mind from month to month, week to week... which left me scrimping a lot at times trying to pay tuition.

wow, that sucks, always changing mind on things.  at least you are sorta independent in terms of paying for tuition...yeah

Well let's just say I took some withdrawls from the "Bank of My Sugar Momma Angela" at the time.  It was a hassle though.  Senior year I almost had no place to live due to it.

oh yeah, unfortunately, school on the bottom of the list when it comes to not having food and roof over one's head you know. glad that you surpassed all that though.

jaybb wrote:

Looking back now, I have no idea how I even got through school, let alone graduated, lol.

haha motivation, it's that drive lol, good stuff haah

2k13 mang

POSTED BY: jaybb on 09/06/2009 21:45:47

LOL, when you look at the cost of a "good" education, you have to wonder, is it really worth it sometimes?

POSTED BY: nadiakho on 12/08/2010 05:25:40

jaybb wrote:

LOL, when you look at the cost of a "good" education, you have to wonder, is it really worth it sometimes?

I agree, expensive education and standard education spmetimes produce the same quality of human resources

EMAIL ME at removed from public view

05/21/2018

BROWSE  |   GALLERY  |   BLOGS  |   FORUM  |   MUSIC  |   VIDEOS  |   EVENTS  |  
NEWS / ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you have any questions or comments in general.
Please contact me _jeff, QuikJ, Rollo, and staff members oOhAshleyy and Guarddog

Are You Asian